Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Thu May 18 00:57:06 UTC 2006

(Not the best message I am replying to, but I deleted most of the other
messages already.)

A first statistic on how often the same presence stanza is received
(just with different to attributes) within the last 90 minutes at s2s
links of amessage.*:

2747 times a presence stanza, that has been received 1 times
627 times a presence stanza, that has been received 2 times
203 times a presence stanza, that has been received 3 times
320 times a presence stanza, that has been received 4 times
86 times a presence stanza, that has been received 5 times
40 times a presence stanza, that has been received 6 times
14 times a presence stanza, that has been received 7 times
19 times a presence stanza, that has been received 8 times
12 times a presence stanza, that has been received 9 times
22 times a presence stanza, that has been received 10 times
6 times a presence stanza, that has been received 11 times
19 times a presence stanza, that has been received 12 times
2 times a presence stanza, that has been received 13 times
5 times a presence stanza, that has been received 14 times
6 times a presence stanza, that has been received 15 times
11 times a presence stanza, that has been received 16 times
2 times a presence stanza, that has been received 17 times
5 times a presence stanza, that has been received 18 times
4 times a presence stanza, that has been received 20 times
1 times a presence stanza, that has been received 22 times
1 times a presence stanza, that has been received 24 times
2 times a presence stanza, that has been received 26 times
2 times a presence stanza, that has been received 28 times
1 times a presence stanza, that has been received 30 times
1 times a presence stanza, that has been received 33 times
2 times a presence stanza, that has been received 36 times
1 times a presence stanza, that has been received 38 times
1 times a presence stanza, that has been received 39 times
2 times a presence stanza, that has been received 40 times
1 times a presence stanza, that has been received 72 times
1 times a presence stanza, that has been received 76 times
1 times a presence stanza, that has been received 78 times
1 times a presence stanza, that has been received 92 times
1 times a presence stanza, that has been received 120 times
1 times a presence stanza, that has been received 122 times
1 times a presence stanza, that has been received 184 times
1 times a presence stanza, that has been received 276 times
1 times a presence stanza, that has been received 364 times
1 times a presence stanza, that has been received 546 times

This means that 6200 out of 10374 presence stanzas have been dupes
(59.76 %).

A note on the presences, that have been delivered e.g. 546 times: I did
not check, but I expect, that this is a presence, that has been
delivered to a transport. Some transports request subscription for each
user of the foreign IM network you have on your foreign IM network
contact list. Some users might have that many legacy contacts. These
subscriptions are unneccessary. Not requesting subscription for every
contact, but just for the transport identity therefore would result in
reducing the number of unneccessary presences very much.

I continue to fetch a larger sample and will post an updated statistic
on this topic.

I currently also try to get information on the amount of roster entries
that are out of sync for users on different servers.

Matthias