Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Thu May 18 08:21:40 UTC 2006

Carlo v. Loesch wrote:
> Concerning the privacy lists, we could extend the protocol used to
> define these privacy lists between client and server in a way that
> the changes are also forwarded to the target server, so the target
> server knows which exceptions to keep in mind. This also is a much
> less invasive change than to introduce a verbose new protocol.

You are missing the point here. Sit back, relax and read back Tills or
Michal latest posts. As base principle for privacy and security you NEVER
trust a third party to enforce YOUR own rules.

> But this is just theory. Jabber has a model that relies on outgoing
> filters, so we will see how we can go about that.

This model was dictated by the above principles amongst other things. And it
has made XMPP better at controlling 'evil' traffic than some other
protocols. XMPP does NOT naturally outsource its trust to other servers.

Jean-Louis