Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Thu May 18 09:14:20 UTC 2006

> the proto-jep is reminding you of the problems, rather than doing
> anything with them. you should have an interest in both solving the
> problems and solving the scalability issues. for the latter, this
> proto-jep is unbeatably best so far.

No your spec certainly isn't "unbeatably best so far" as it does nothing
to the solve or work around the problems to do with privacy lists and
the rosters being in sync, if anything my suggestion is "unbeatably best
so far" as it doesn't have any of the problems your spec does, i.e. it
works fine with privacy lists in place and doesn't rely on the rosters
being in sync, and it also has the extra benefit of being far more
flexible and useful as it can be used for far more than just presence.

Richard