Michal vorner Vaner michal.vaner at kdemail.net
Thu May 18 09:51:11 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 11:15:09AM +0200, Carlo v. Loesch wrote:
> Dave Cridland typeth:
> | Absolutely. To put it another way, this proposal is attempting to
> | move the responsibility for the users' privacy onto foreign domains.
> | Users no longer have to trust their own server, but the entire
> | network, to act on their privacy requirements.
>
> and as we pointed out in several other mails, it has never been
> differently. you have to trust each server and even each of your
> peers, that they will not forward your presence info to the FBI.
>
> a shift in distribution rules, which will be just as strict
> as before, won't change that.

Security that needs you do do something to break it is better than
security that needs not to do something. If you just ignored the privacy
lists, you could have leaked them by not doing something, not by doing
more.

--

Work with computer has 2 phases. First, computer waits for the user to tell it what
to do, then the user waits for the computer to do it. Therefore, computer work

Michal "vorner" Vaner