Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu May 18 12:13:22 UTC 2006

On Thu May 18 09:37:24 2006, Carlo v. Loesch wrote:
> that's a form of spim, so our JEP helps fight spim in this case
> by not forwarding presence to a recipient that hasn't agreed on
> receiving it. cool, i'll add that to the JEP.

If the server does block <presence/> based on roster info, it'll get
caught out if it's got the roster out of synch. So this would be
fixable - potentially - in the server via a roster/subscription synch
protocol is essentially orthogonal to your proposal. However, I'm not
actually strictly sure it's fixable in the server even then. Either
way, I don't think it's a feature of your JEP at all.

Dave.
--
           You see things; and you say "Why?"
    - George Bernard Shaw