[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060 Publisher Model - node hirarchy permissions

bernhard bz at datenkueche.com
Wed May 24 15:00:17 UTC 2006

Thank you very much for the answer.
Now I have new questions about collection nodes
>> 2.) A collection is similar to a directory in file system - do we need that?
>>

> We have explicitely not defined how node hierarchies are set up.
> Directories in file systems in general assume a tree like structure. We
> assume a directed multigraph without cycles with the addition of a
> virtual root node that comprises all (leaf and collection) nodes at a
> service.

The hierachie is not defined by the jep.
But then I don't understand
9.4 Creating Nodes Affiliated with a Collection

Is it possible that a node/collection is "child" of more than one
collection?
Shouldn't it be possible to assign an existing node to a collection? -
otherwise it is a tree
How to prevent cycles? Is it a task of the system or the user?

thanks

Bernhard