[Standards-JIG] Re: CALL FOR FEEDBACK: JEP-0060

Matt Tucker matt at jivesoftware.com
Wed May 24 16:06:12 UTC 2006

Hey all,

I agree that JEP-0060 is large. :) However, it's not overly complex and
the detail is necessary to remove ambiguity (1.8 is also much better
than 1.7). I would suggest that instead of trying to help client authors
at the JEP level that time would be better spent creating a more
client-friendly tutorial. It could include lots of examples and gloss
over many of the details that are necessary in the JEP. Those of us that
work on client API libraries also need to take on the burden of making
pubsub easy to understand and use for client authors.

Regards,
Matt