Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Wed May 24 21:14:34 UTC 2006

Hi Philipp!

Philipp Hancke wrote:
>> Something to note is this would not be negotiated using stream
>> features, this would be negotiated using disco.
>
> I dont see how this could be useful for anything but a direct
> connection, hence the suggestion to use stream:features, where
> negotiation takes place before the connection is established.

I agree with Richard, that your suggesting an enhancement, that does not
change anything at the streaming layer. Using stream features feels
being wrong for me too.
You're changing something that is not bound to sending stanzas on a RFC
3920 like stream. You could use the same addressing/protocol enhancement
for sending stanzas using avian carriers, where you do not have stream
features. But you could first doing disco in that case. So using disco
is the right layer for feature discovery..

Matthias