[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060 Publisher Model - node hirarchy permissions

bernhard bz at datenkueche.com
Thu May 25 09:22:46 UTC 2006

Hi

Now I'm completely confused.
Section 9.5 describes how event notification works, if a node is part of
a collection ...
"...If an item is published to a node which is also contained by a
collection..."

This says to me, that it is possible to configure an existing node to be
contained by a collection.
If it is not described in the spec how to do this configuration  it is
not possible and Section 9.5 is useless and confusing.

If collections are supported, I expect something like this:

request:
==============
<iq type="get"
       to="pubsub.jaim.at"

  <pubsub xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub#owner">
    <configure node="home/jaim.at/pubsub"/>
  </pubsub>
</iq>

response:
=======

<iq from="pubsub.jaim.at" type="result" to="pubsub at jaim.at/Psi" >
<pubsub xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/pubsub#owner">
<configure node="home/jaim.at/pubsub" >
<x xmlns="jabber:x:data" type="form" >

<field var="pubsub#collections" type="list-multi">
<value>test</value>
</field>

</x>
</configure>
</pubsub>
</iq>

>> How can I move a subtree?
>> I couldn't find a move node command
>>
> It should work in the same way you move any collection node. You make it a
> child of another collection node by reconfiguring it.

I don't know how to move collection nodes.

If it is not described in the spec it is not possible.
If it is described, I can't find it.

Bernhard