[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060 Publisher Model - node hirarchy permissions

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Thu May 25 14:27:12 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 11:22:46AM +0200, bernhard wrote:
> Hi
>
> Now I'm completely confused.
> [..]
> If collections are supported, I expect something like this:

Your example is correct.

> >>How can I move a subtree?
> >>I couldn't find a move node command
> >>
> >It should work in the same way you move any collection node. You make it a
> >child of another collection node by reconfiguring it.
> >

> I don't know how to move collection nodes.
>
> If it is not described in the spec it is not possible.
> If it is described, I can't find it.

I don't understand what you mean by 'moving' nodes. It might be that you
refer to changing the hierarchy in the node names. Then you are in for a
surprise: node ids are opaque. The fact that some implementations make
it seem like there is any hierarchy by using '/' inside node ids doesn't
help.

Structure is defined solely by collections and you can 'move' nodes from
one collection to another by changing the node's configuration as in
your example.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm