[Standards-JIG] JEP-60 Item id for node configuration change notifications

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Thu May 25 14:47:54 UTC 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 01:14:34PM -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> [..]
>
> I'm not sure why Peter did it that way, since that's the only reserved
> ItemID as far as I can see. However, I don't immediately see a better
> approach, so I think a service would in fact need to reject publication
> requests that specify an ItemID of "configuration" (i.e., reserve that
> ItemID for generation only by the service). I'll clarify that in the text.

I dislike reserved ItemIDs. Can't we add a <configure/> to <event/> in
the #event namespace?

Also, I'm still not sure about the access attribute to the <configure/>
element in the other namespaces. I know it would be easier for PEP, but
I don't know if avoiding forms there is needed/a good idea.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm