[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060 Publisher Model - node hirarchy permissions

bernhard bz at datenkueche.com
Thu May 25 15:15:53 UTC 2006

Hi
> Your example is correct.

;-)
> I don't understand what you mean by 'moving' nodes. It might be that you
> refer to changing the hierarchy in the node names. Then you are in for a
> surprise: node ids are opaque. The fact that some implementations make
> it seem like there is any hierarchy by using '/' inside node ids doesn't
> help.

If I have a request like:
<iq type="get" to="pubsub.jaim.at" id="nodelist"><query
xmlns="http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items"
node="home/jaim.at/pubsub"/></iq>

I get a response with "nodes" and "items" that are children of
"home/jaim.at/pubsub"
If a node is a parent and the other is a child there is a hierarchy.
Nodes can have child nodes and they again can have child nodes. ->tree
(I don't talk about items)
Use PSI Service Discovery:
server: jaim.at
node: home/jaim.at/pubsub