[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060 Publisher Model - nodehirarchypermissions

bernhard bz at datenkueche.com
Fri May 26 20:37:43 UTC 2006

Hi

I don't understand the answers I get to my questions.

I try it with yes/no questions:

A pubsub node can have "child nodes" and "child items"  yes/no
A pubsub collection can have "child nodes" but no "child items"  yes/no
The pubsub hierarchy is a graph that is specified in jep-0060 version >=
1.7 yes/no

The node hierarchy ejabberd has, is not a bug.  yes/no
The way ejabber build this hierachy - based on Attribute values of
Attributes with  the name "node" - is a bug    yes/no
It is not specified in jep-0060 how to configure a node to be a child
node of an other node.   yes/no
The Attribute node is an id that must be unique at a pubsub server.  yes/no
Server name together with node "id" is worldwide unique.

with the ejabberd implementation it is for example only possible for the
user
pope at vatican.com
to generate a node with the "id" /home/vatican.com/pope/....something....
This is an id range for a user.

Is there an id "range" that is reserved for a user specified in
jep-0060? yes/no
A thing like vCard could be stored in a pubsub node - but only if a user
has an reserved id range yes/no

That's it for the moment. Maybe my imagination what pubsub is, is totaly
wrong.

Bernhard