[Standards-JIG] Error-Messages

jos4711 at googlemail.com jos4711 at googlemail.com
Tue May 30 09:59:55 UTC 2006

Hello,

I have a question about the <error/> element.
For example I will try to send a <message/>-stanza to s.o. and the target is
not available, then the server will generate
<message type='error'><error><recipient-unavailable/></error></message>.

My question is how do I know to which target the error is related to?
Is the address of the unavailable target inserted into the from-attribute or
is this not possible
because the error came from the server and so the address from the server
will be inserted there?

Greetz and Thanks,
Harold.