[Standards-JIG] Re: jep-0060 $home

Gaston Dombiak gaston at jivesoftware.com
Tue May 30 19:14:44 UTC 2006

Hey Peter,

>> In ejabberd the node attribute isn't an id.
>> It's more a method like xpath or xpointer or directory+filename to
>> access a node.
>
> NodeIDs are opaque. They MAY have some structure but any such structure
> is completely optional.

That is correct. Wildfire's implementation ensures that nodes' IDs are
unique in the service. Hierarchies (or better say graphs) of nodes are built
based on a parent attribute rather than the ID semantic definition. In
summary, we can say that service + node ID is a "unique key" and that each
node has a parent attribute that points to the ID of some other node.

Regards,

  -- Gato