[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060 Publisher Model - nodehirarchypermissions

bernhard bz at datenkueche.com
Tue May 30 21:37:13 UTC 2006

Hi
>> The node hierarchy ejabberd has, is not a bug.  yes/no
>>

> It sure seems that way.

ejabberd has no collection nodes but "normal nodes" that are not "leaf
nodes" and not "collection nodes".
This nodes have "normal nodes" and "items" as child nodes.

A "normal node" does not exist - if I understand your answer.
In my question - because I thought that it is NOT a bug - I asked "NOT a
bug"

If it is a bug, this makes no sense for me.
Why have collection nodes and leaf nodes?
Why not unify that?

In a filesystem there are directories and files.
In pubsub we have "directories", "files" and "items".
"directories" are spezial files - in XML world we don't need that.

Think about mapping XML - PubSub subTree.

Or navigation through a pubsub graph.
Do we really need a leaf node the is called "index.pubsub" (like
index.html) ?

Think about a hierachical wikipedia like system. Sometimes it is
nessessary to extend things.
XML is extensible.

A "node" is not extensible if it is not possible to make a child node of
this node.
A "leaf node" is the "item" I thought.

Bernhard