[Standards-JIG] Jingle relaying or proxying

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Wed Nov 1 23:30:15 UTC 2006

Sean,

Thank you for noticing that my example's XML was incorrect ;) In all my
example, the correct JID for the JingleSce should have no resource. It must
instead look like:

<iq to='jingle.capulet.com' from='romeo at montague.net/orchard' id='jingle1'
type='set'>

As to your other questions, in the case where an application (such as an
IPBX, for ex.) requires the signaling to go through a Jingle service not
co-located with an XMPP home server, the to of the <iq/> stanza will contain
the JID of the service, and not the JID of the remote party. In such
scenario, we need a way to specify that the session is negotiated between
the two parties romeo at montague.net/orchard and juliet at capulet.com/balcony ,
and not between the service and Romeo, isn't it? It does not change the
signaling itself, only the signaling path.

Hope this answers your questions.