[Standards-JIG] xmpp.org Namespaces

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Fri Nov 3 21:00:24 UTC 2006

Le vendredi 3 novembre 2006 21:05, Peter Saint-Andre a écrit :

> I would suggest that we not advance any further XMPP
> protocol extensions to Draft until we can use URNs for our namespace
> names.
[...]
> However, that would require changing the XML namespaces when we advance
> those specs from Experimental to Draft (or before), as follows:
>
> from... http://jabber.org/protocol/jingle
> to... urn:xmpp:jingle
[...]

I don't think this is a good idea to break the compatibility with existing
client that already support such experimental XEP just for that reason.

Also, what will be the recommended namespace for external extention.
(eg, what will something like http://www.google.com/protocol/foo become ?)
I know this is not under the scope of any specification, but we can give
recommendation.
I think we should try to avoid to have external specification in the form
urn:xmpp:foo

--
Olivier