[Standards-JIG] xmpp.org Namespaces

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Fri Nov 3 22:29:15 UTC 2006

Le vendredi 3 novembre 2006 23:02, Robert B Quattlebaum, Jr. a écrit :
> Using the urn:xmpp:* namespace names seems fine, but one nice thing
> about the previous namespace names was that it made the protocol
> somewhat self-documenting. Don't we loose that by doing this?

The old http:// URL were pointing to nowhere in the general case.
So we don't loose anything in practice.
Searching the namespace on the web to find the specification is also very easy
in general.

So the new scheme for namespace is better because it doesn't confuse anyone by
letting know there is a webpage on the address.