[Standards-JIG] xmpp.org Namespaces

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Nov 3 23:01:27 UTC 2006

Maciek Niedzielski wrote:
> Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>>> I wrote up an I-D for this while traveling recently:
>>>
>>> http://www.xmpp.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xmpp-urn-00.txt
>>> http://www.xmpp.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-xmpp-urn-00.html
>>>
>>> I'll send the template to the URN-NID list soon.
>> Done:
>>
>> http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/urn-nid/current/msg00487.html
>>
>> No objections have been raised yet. There is a two-week comment period
>> on the URN-NID list. My understanding is that we probably can begin
>> using these URNs after the comment period has ended.
>
> I guess it will appear here when it's officially ready to use:
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/urn-namespaces

Given that the Namespace ID is defined in an individual submission (not
the product of an IETF working group), the RFC could take a long time to
be published, and generally the IANA won't update its assignment page
until late in the process. But I'll find out more about that from my
IETF/IANA friends.

Jabber Software Foundation