[Standards-JIG] Re: Yahoo-style <ding> / BUZZ

Remko Troncon remko at el-tramo.be
Sat Nov 4 14:46:15 UTC 2006

> Peter, do you think XEP-131 is the right way to approach this, or do
> you have some other idea?

Personally, i think there's a difference between a (continuous) chat
state saying 'pay attention to me', and a (one-shot) message (or
addition to a message) drawing attention just this once. They do
overlap in what they achieve, but i feel that the first one will
start annoying me more, and the second one can add extra things to a
conversation and gives more control over how *much* attention you
want :-)
I think I would implement it as an extra <buzz> tag in a message.

cheers,
Remko