[Standards-JIG] MUC Invitations, Jingle Relays, and Big Problems

Zenek zenek.k at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 16:04:16 UTC 2006

Dne pátek 03 listopad 2006 19:50 Robert B Quattlebaum, Jr. napsal(a):
> On Nov 3, 2006, at 2:13 AM, Kevin Smith wrote:
> > On 3 Nov 2006, at 00:48, Robert B Quattlebaum, Jr. wrote:
> >> I don't see this problem getting better—it is going to get worse.
> >> Filtering communications from unknown JID's is a perfectly
> >> reasonable thing to do, and I think that we should start making
> >> our protocols aware of this situation and stop punishing users for
> >> it.
> >>
> >> Any ideas on how to handle this?
> >
> > Frankly, I think we should strongly encourage servers to not do this.
>
> My biggest problem is that google talk makes this mandatory.

In my opinion as an user, it is not reasonable at all... There are many people
who don't want to add more contacts to rosters just for one-time chat...

For example I don't send subscription request to people I know to not need my
presence and I just want something of them...

--
Stop Skype Plague
.doc is not a document format! http://www.oss.cz/hlavni-obsah/odf
XMPP: zenek at jabbim.cz
"DRM: Digital Restrictions Management -- learn about the dangers at
http://www.defectivebydesign.org/what_is_drm"