[Standards-JIG] XEP-191

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Mon Nov 6 15:40:36 UTC 2006

With the recent discussion about reliable delivery, I'm somewhat torn
about blocking. I would feel a lot happier if a blocked user was told
that their stanza was rejected. <service-unavailable> does this for
<iq>, for <presence> this is probably unnecessary (apart from maybe
directed presence), but for messages I'm somewhat reticent to encourage
stanzas disappearing into a black hole. Is there a convincing reason for
the messages to be swallowed silently instead of being rejected cleanly?

/K
--
Kevin Smith
Psi project lead.