[Standards-JIG] XEP-191

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Mon Nov 6 16:27:30 UTC 2006

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> This is the ancient debate between "polite blocking" (you don't know
> that I'm blocking you) and "impolite blocking" (you're a loser so I'm
> blocking you).
I had wondered if it was this, but I think it's more than questionable
that ignoring someone is more polite than telling them you don't want to
speak to them. There are good reasons though for not having a black
hole, so I suggest that unless there's a more solid reason for not doing
so we come up with /some/ method of bouncing blocked messages. It
doesn't need to be 'you are blocked', but it's not good for messages to
disappear.

/K

--
Kevin Smith