[Standards-JIG] XEP-0136 Thoughts and Musings

Jean-Louis Seguineau jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net
Mon Nov 6 21:59:06 UTC 2006

I agree with Olivier here. In my opinion the restriction to restrict the
content of the collected message to the text message in the <body/> element
are un-realistic in enterprise scenarios (return from actual experience).
The document assume that the message will only contain one body, whereas any
message may contain several <body/> element qualified by a different
xml:lang attribute. I also wonder why the xhtml-im content should be
ignored.

Furthermore, as Chris pointed out, when it is supported, the <thread/>
element is very helpful in reconciling conversations.

In the end, unless the entirety of the content for non "container" messages
(holding states or time only) is recorded, the XEP will not be usable in any
real life "compliance" requirement.

Do we really want to see proprietary extensions flourish to compensate
easily corrected shortcomings?

My $0.02

Jean-Louis