[Standards-JIG] XEP-0136 Thoughts and Musings

Chris Mullins chris.mullins at coversant.net
Mon Nov 6 22:35:08 UTC 2006

JLS Wrote:
[Storing the whole message]

> Do we really want to see proprietary
> extensions flourish to compensate
> easily corrected shortcomings?

I'm not sure if this would comply even if we did store everything.

I know in the customer cases we often see (and I assume other commercial
entities see), logging messages isn't enough. We need to log...
everything. This mechanism doesn't log IQ or Presence packets, so I keep
thinking that a compliance mechanism on the back end will still be
needed.

I completely agree that all of the various types of bodies, as well as
the languages, need to be stored. Logging only "<body/>" elements is not
at all sufficient.

--
Chris Mullins