[Standards-JIG] rfc3920bis: Stanza Acknowledgements

Michal 'vorner' Vaner michal.vaner at kdemail.net
Tue Nov 7 08:40:56 UTC 2006

Hello,

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 01:24:06PM +1300, Bruce Fitzsimons wrote:
> Dave Cridland wrote:
> >>
> >Assuming TCP simply recovers for him, is Michal offline, or is he
> >online with a high latency?
> This is the crux of the matter. We're discussing it in the other thread,
> restated: Who determines if you are off-line - the server or the client?
> If the client, how can the server know the difference between transient
> and permanent disconnection?

I agree with the principle of timeouting. I just said I would like to
see the time amount configurable, for I would set it to more than 30
seconds, while others might want to leave it like it is. Not that
timeouts are bad.

--
You can fool some of the people all of the time,
and all of the people some of the time,

Michal "vorner" Vaner