[Standards-JIG] XEP-0136 Thoughts and Musings

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Tue Nov 7 20:03:56 UTC 2006

Jean-Louis Seguineau wrote:

> In the end, unless the entirety of the content for non "container" messages
> (holding states or time only) is recorded, the XEP will not be usable in any
> real life "compliance" requirement.

But is regulatory compliance a requirement here? Lots of implementations
out there already do compliance but that's more of a system feature, not
something that end users interact with (or want!) at all. I agree that
it's a requirement for many implementations, but I don't know if it's a
requirement for this spec. I'm not saying it's not a requirement, but we
need to figure that out because it has a large impact on the protocol
design.

Jabber Software Foundation