[Standards-JIG] XEP-0136 Thoughts and Musings

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Nov 7 22:25:56 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-07 at 13:10 -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Olivier Goffart wrote:
>
> > See also
> > http://soc.hbar.us/XMLLogFormat-0.4-02.html
> > This format let's store almost everything, and allow extentions.
> > Maybe we should use something compatible.
>
> Compatibility is good. :-)
>
> > I've already been in contact with the guys behind this, they seems very open.
>
> Maybe they would be interested in publishing their spec as a XEP? I'd be
> happy to chat with them about that.

This is something I've been meaning to get back to. The format as listed
there is nearly perfect.

If there are particular changes you'd like to see, please let me know.

Somewhat related, there's currently a discussion in progress on
kopete-devel where we're talking about possibly using XEP-0038 as the
basis of a common emoticon format. Some of that discussion might come
here eventually.

Richard