[Standards-JIG] XEP-0136 Thoughts and Musings

Chris Mullins chris.mullins at coversant.net
Tue Nov 7 23:36:02 UTC 2006

PSA Wrote:

>> Conversations that migrate from 1:1 to MUC don't
>> seem to be addressed.

> You mean server-side logging of MUC rooms? That seems to be the
> responsibility of the MUC service, no? But it might be helpful for an
> application to note somehow that the 1-1 morphed into a MUC.

Well, this is the responsibility of a MUC room, but, from the User
Perspective, he doesn't care. As such, we need to integrate the two
logs...

As a user, if I'm looking over my message history, and reading a
conversation that you and I are having, I don't want that log to stop
the instant we invite Jeal-Louis into the conversation. I don't want to
have to go look for that log, or, even worse, not have access to that
log at all. I want a seamless log, and to just see "JLS Has Entered the
Conversation", and from there continue reading.

--
Chris Mullins