[Standards-JIG] MUC Invitations, Jingle Relays, and Big Problems

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Wed Nov 8 10:11:24 UTC 2006

On 8 Nov 2006, at 03:02, Justin Karneges wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 November 2006 5:53 pm, Matt Tucker wrote:
>> implementation text could state that when chatting with someone
>> not on
>> your roster, all presence updates are sent as directed presence
>> (so if
>> you go away, send an away directed presence). More work for the
>> client,
>> but we don't have to change the RFC language. :)
>
> This is quite typical behavior in clients for years now, with MUC
> rooms for
> example.

Although really, if we want to be consistent across the protocol,
we'd want a temporary subscription state, which ends with an
unavailable packet. It's not really a burden for a client to simulate
it, but it'd be pretty neat to be able to do it in protocol.

/K

--
Kevin Smith
Psi XMPP Client Project Leader (http://psi-im.org)