[Standards-JIG] PEP - multiple independently publishable items under each namespace

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Wed Nov 8 21:37:08 UTC 2006

I seem to remember some initial discussions about extending XEP-0163
(PEP) to make it possible to publish several independently
accessible/publishable data items under a single namespace.

XEP-0189 (Public Key Publishing - PKP) is one of several applications
that could really benefit from that feature. So IMHO XEP-0189 shouldn't
become a Draft until we have either agreed the protocol for it (or
agreed not to include it in PEP after all).

I raise this now because, as Chris Mullins pointed out, XEP-0136 can't
reach Draft until XEP-0189 does... and the issue above is the only issue
that I currently see that should hold up XEP-0189.

- Ian