[Standards-JIG] XEP-0038 as Common Emoticon Theme Format

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Wed Nov 8 23:21:15 UTC 2006

Richard Laager wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-08 at 15:12 -0700, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>> In fact XEP-0038 is unmaintained (the author pretty much disappeared)
>> but a new author could take it over.
>
> What's the process for taking it over then? I'm willing to make changes
> to address the non-Jabber usage, then we can go from there... I don't
> need the changes to be official right away or anything, but ideally we'd
> get it "approved" at some point.

The source file is here:

http://www.jabberstudio.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/cvs/xmpp/extensions/xep-0038.xml?rev=1.3&view=log

Feel free to send me a patch or a modified source file and I'll make you
the new author, since as mentioned Adam Theo disappeared years ago. Or I
can give you CVS access and you can modify it yourself. Contact me off
list for details.

I know that Hal Rottenberg also had some changes he wanted to make,
perhaps he could coordinate with you.

Jabber Software Foundation