[Standards-JIG] XEP-0038 as Common Emoticon Theme Format

Sebastiaan Deckers cbas at pandion.be
Thu Nov 9 03:36:38 UTC 2006

You rang? :-)

I don't think anyone has a problem with cleaning up the XML and writing
a proper XEP to replace Adam Theo's document.

Also, I feel that more functionality is needed.  Like a way to exchange
custom emoticons.  Several (closed) IM networks allow users to create or
buy emoticons and then share them with other users.

My client has limited support for custom emoticon styles through a
central repository (http://emoticons.pandion.be/).  This does not allow
for user-created icons though.

Is anyone else working on a more advanced emoticon system for XMPP?

-Sebastiaan