[Standards-JIG] Offline message order

Jason Tucker jasonwtucker at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 22:44:27 UTC 2006

I've done some digging through the docs, and can't seem to find an answer
for this. Is there any requirement for a server to deliver offline messages
in the same order that they were initially sent? If there are timestamps
included in each message, shouldn't it be up to the client to sort the list
(or not)? If there is a protocol spec that defines this behavior, please
point me to it, because I haven't seen it yet. My assumption at this point
is that this is simply a client implimentation issue.

Opinions are appreciated! Thanks!

__Jason