[Standards-JIG] XEP-0136 Thoughts and Musings

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Thu Nov 9 23:31:16 UTC 2006

Jean-Louis Seguineau wrote:
> Ian, I perfectly understand your concerns when it comes to mobile users, and
> I agree that we should keep it in mind whenever we design the protocol.

:-)

> On the Atom front, the tick is to make abstraction of the word
> "syndication". Doing so and re-reading the RFC, you will no doubt find out
> you can do what the XEP is meant to achieve using Atom elements.

I have no doubt that this XEP *could* be implemented over Atom (in fact
I read your blog - and read that entry at the time you published it).

But, as I said in my last post (see below), although it is an
interesting idea, I don't remember anybody explaining a compeling reason
to use Atom yet, and I believe there is at least one compeling reason
not too.