[Standards-JIG] Historical XEPs

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Thu Nov 16 22:26:22 UTC 2006

Peter Saint-Andre schrieb:
> - Component Protocol

I think the component protocol should get deprecated as well. What is
really bad with this protocol is that it introduces yet another
namespace where the stanzas can be in.
Having different namespaces on different links requires quite some
namespace changes to be done in the server. It really like to stop
having the "jabber:component:accept" namespace.

I'd propose, that components could just use s2s-type connections using
SASL authentication to connect to the server.

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56