[Standards-JIG] Re: component protocol

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Thu Nov 16 22:47:06 UTC 2006

Matthias Wimmer schrieb:
> I didn't mean that each component should implement it's own full s2s
> implementation.
>
> I think the components could just connect to "their" server and use this
> server as a "smart host". They could even connect to other ports than
> 5269 on the server (like components at present to as well).

Well ... you could view this proposal as well the following way:

Yes, we let all components become entites, that do s2s - but we define a
protocol to support "smart hosts".

Having smart hosts for doing the s2s stuff might be useful in other
domains as well: e.g. getting an IPv6-only server connected to an
IPv4-only server, or connecting servers/services on a private network to
the public internet.

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--
Matthias Wimmer      Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243    Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56