[Standards-JIG] Re: Historical XEPs

Remko Troncon remko at el-tramo.be
Thu Nov 16 22:57:13 UTC 2006

> so you could have a PEP service without "whitelist" access model.

You still can, nothing prevents a service from forbidding users to
create whitelist-enabled node (supporting != allowing). And I want to
bet that you will get those services ;-)

But anyway, we're drifting from the original topic. The only point i
wanted to make is that a simple IQ protocol with IQ pushes to other
connected resources (like we do for blocking, privacy lists, and the
roster) is probably a lot simpler to implement for clients than
whitelist nodes, which, if i'm not mistaken, involves a chain of
checking existence of a node, possibly creating the node upon each
login, and then publishing to the node.

cheers,
Remko