[Standards-JIG] Re: component protocol

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Fri Nov 17 16:10:40 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 16:51 +0100, Matthias Wimmer wrote:
> What IS treated differently, that requires two different namespaces? The
> only difference is if the from and to attributes are optinal or required.

This is of course an historical accident. I don't believe we can fix it
now. Juggling namespaces between jabber:client and jabber:server is
indeed delicate, you MUST NOT not change the namespace inside your
attach:x, and if implementations do that, they are faulty. We might want
to test these things specifically at the next interop event.

That said, assuming an implementation can juggle namespaces anyway,
having different ones for different purposes doesn't hurt anymore.

--
Groetjes,

ralphm