[Standards-JIG] Historical XEPs

Robert B Quattlebaum, Jr. darco at deepdarc.com
Fri Nov 17 22:55:50 UTC 2006

On Nov 16, 2006, at 1:26 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

> IMHO it would be good to discuss upgrading more of these to Standards
> Track. The following seem especially worthy:
>
> - Component Protocol

I absolutely think that this (or something similar, like the jd2
component protocol) should be made standards-track. However, I think
that there is a considerable amount of work to be done here. For
example, I like the extended capabilities that the jd2 component
protocol allows (sasl authentication, automatic advertisement of
additional routes, etc), but I don't like that all of the stanzas
have to be encapsulated in other elements, etc.

Perhaps that is a discussion for another thread...

Robert Quattlebaum
Jabber: darco at deepdarc.com
eMail:  darco at deepdarc.com
www:    http://www.deepdarc.com/