[Standards-JIG] Lost password XEP?

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Tue Nov 21 03:49:23 UTC 2006

On Sunday 19 November 2006 6:07 am, Matthias Wimmer wrote:
> I think Psi should either drop to support inband registration completely
> or support XEP-0077. By implementing inband registration in the current
> broken way, it causes more harm than good.

Can you really call it broken?  At best, I think you can call it legacy.

I'll admit I haven't looked at what the latest clients can do.  However, since
the beginning of Jabber, most clients did not support registration forms.  In
fact, the usual UI was an extra checkbox in the login dialog:
  "[X] attempt to register before logging in"

Requiring the processing of a real form breaks all legacy registration
clients, not just Psi.

-Justin