[Standards-JIG] Historical XEPs

Hal Rottenberg halr9000 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 15:59:48 UTC 2006

On 11/21/06, Jean-Louis Seguineau <jean-louis.seguineau at laposte.net> wrote:
> Agreed Hal, many Web applications would benefit from being rewritten with> PubSub/PEP handling some of their processes. And XMPP definitively fit
> nicely the bill here. But they would still need HTTP to serve pages...

Well yeah, I just mean the IPC between the "native" client (your XMPP
client), the web "front end" client (likely some AJAXified thing), the
middle-tier application service, and the back-end database server.

Concrete example:

Web UI: "pubsub.com"
Native client: Psi running some article management plugin

Both clients accessing the same data and using the same means to
communicate with the application server--pubsub or PEP as the case may
be.

-- Psi webmaster (http://psi-im.org)
im:hal at jabber.rocks.cc
http://halr9000.com