[Standards-JIG] Historical XEPs

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Tue Nov 21 19:19:26 UTC 2006

Ralph Meijer wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 19, 2006 at 11:23:08PM +0000, Ian Paterson wrote:
>
>> Maciek Niedzielski wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, one node per namespace, but we don't need jabber:iq:private node:
>>> we can use storage:bookmarks or storage:rosternotes for node names. And
>>> one node may contain multiple items (many bookmarks or annotations).
>>>
>> Yes. Although, AFAICT, PEP currently only requires support for a single
>> item per node. It specifies that persistent nodes (i.e. multiple items
>> per node) are "OPTIONAL". It seems we might need to add support for
>> 'persist_items' to the PEP "MUST" list?
>>

> The definition of 'persistent' is not multiple items. It is the fact
> that you can use <items/> to fetch the item later on (including the
> payload sent in the publish).

Yes sorry, I've not been clear or correct, but I think I know what I
meant. ;-)

AFAICT, As PEP stands we've only got persistance for a single publish
event (payload) per node (although, as you pointed out, an owner can
publish multiple items at once).

If you haven't got persistance for the full list of items (whenever they
were published) then you can't do XEP-0189 etc. nicely.

This could be solved by adding 'persist_items' to the PEP "MUST" list.

- Ian