[Standards-JIG] name for XMPP+XEPs

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Thu Nov 23 02:32:02 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 09:40:12PM +0100, Zenek wrote:
> Hi, sorry for quite an off topic question, but I was wondering, if there's
> some sensible name for protocol consisting of XMPP and XEPs. I used to call
> it Jabber, but now the name is somewhat deprecated :-)

XMPP is defined in RFCs 3920 and 3921. We can consider everything else
an XMPP extension. So you can call it "XMPP" if you want to be brief,
or "XMPP and extensions" if you must, or you can still call it "those
Jabber technologies" or whatever you please. I don't care what you call
it, as long as you use it. ;-)

/psa