[Standards-JIG] XEP-0027 (PGP) non-empty body constraint

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Mon Nov 27 18:49:56 UTC 2006

Hi,

A few months ago, I posted a suggestion to the list to remove the
following clause from XEP-0027 (Current Jabber OpenPGP Usage):

"Because signing requires a block of text, it creates new restrictions
on the <presence/> and <message/> stanzas:
* A <presence/> stanza MUST have a <status> element containing XML
character data.
* A <message/> stanza MUST have a <body> element containing XML character data.
These requirements are necessary so that there is always common text
to sign and verify against."

My argument was that an empty string is also a signable string. I
didn't get any replies on that post, so can I assume that changing
this in the XEP is ok ?

cheers,
Remko