[Standards-JIG] XEP-0045 questions

Jakob Schroeter js at camaya.net
Tue Nov 28 23:57:28 UTC 2006

Hi,

While implementing MUC I made the follwoing observations:

* The spec says that status codes 170 & 171 are used to notify enabling &
disabling of conversation logging, while the registrar for MUC uses status
codes 171 & 172 to notify that cut-copy-and-paste operations are
allowed/disallowed. There seems to be a off-by-one error, and disallowing
copy & paste doesn't seem to make much sense (I've seen people take
screenshots who didn't even now how to copy & paste text).

* The registrar doesn't mention status codes 170, 173, 174 at all (mentioned
in section '10.2.1 Notification of Configuration Changes').

* Example 138 in section '10.1.2.1 Requesting a Unique Room Name' uses an IQ
stanza to create a room with a unique name. Shouldn't this be a presence
stanza?

Thanks,
Jakob