[Standards-JIG] Message importance

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Sat Oct 7 22:02:58 UTC 2006

Tomasz Melcer wrote:
> Sometimes I want to send a message to friend to notify him of
> something unimportant, but he is DND and i don't want to disturb him.
> The ideal solution for that would be to mark message as 'unimportant',
> so that my friend's server would store it and send as soon as he is
> online.

This could be achieved with XEP-0079, since AMP is extensible...

IMHO a new 'store' Action would be very useful. That would allow a
client to instruct that a message should be delivered only to the
specified resource.

That Action along with a new Condition "match-show" (similar to the
existing "match-resource") would enable the functionality you desire.

What do other people think about adding this to AMP... Matt, Peter?

- Ian