[Standards-JIG] Re: Message importance

Alexander Gnauck gnauck at ag-software.de
Sun Oct 8 17:02:41 UTC 2006

Ian Paterson wrote:
> Tomasz Melcer wrote:
>> Sometimes I want to send a message to friend to notify him of
>> something unimportant, but he is DND and i don't want to disturb him.
>> The ideal solution for that would be to mark message as 'unimportant',
>> so that my friend's server would store it and send as soon as he is
>> online.
>
> This could be achieved with XEP-0079, since AMP is extensible...

i agree with Ian.

There is lots of stuff which we should include with AMP.
If you send a message which is not important (no IM message) then we
also should be able to tell the server some routing rules. If a
unimportant message could not be delivered for any reason then i don't
want a immediate bounce. The server should put this message in a spool
and retry to deliver it according to the rules i told him with AMP in my
message.

Alex