[Standards-JIG] jingling along

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Oct 9 22:29:46 UTC 2006

So we need to finish up the core Jingle specs, or at least get them to a
stable state so they can be advanced to Draft and widely implemented.

By the core specs I mean (for now):

XEP-0166: Jingle
          http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0166.html

XEP-0167: Jingle Audio Content Description Format
          http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0167.html

XEP-0177: Jingle Raw UDP Transport
          http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0177.html

I would include XEP-0176 in that list (Jingle ICE Transport), but it is
tracking draft-ietf-mmusic-ice so we can't stabilize it until the I-D on
which it depends is approved by the IESG (I don't think we need to wait
until the RFC number is issued).

I think it may be time for the XMPP Council to issue a last call on
these specs so that we can gather feedback and add more examples so
developers can code against the specs. I plan to do that in the Council
meeting this Wednesday.

Just so you know. :-)

Jabber Software Foundation